In Romanian: Mamaliguta la cuptor
- Set the pot with milk to boil.
- When the milk is hot, add salt.
- Sprinkle a little of the cornmeal.
- When it starts boiling, place a wooden spoon in the pot and start to gradually add the cornmeal (rain-like).
- Keep mixing with the wooden spoon.
- When the polenta seems sufficiently dense, stop adding cornmeal.
- Keep mixing, pressing the polenta towards the edges of the pot.
- When the polenta is cooked through, take the wooden spoon out and clean it with another wet spoon.
- Start gathering the polenta towards the center of the pot and let it boil for a few more minutes.
- After it has made a few more steamy bubbles, grab the pot with oven mitts, shake it a few times and pour the polenta on a wooden cutting board.
- Add 4 oz / 100 g crumbled sheep cheese, 4 oz / 100 g butter and salt if needed.
- Let cool a little, then mix with three beaten eggs.
- Grease a pan or baking sheet with some butter, place half of the polenta in, spread the rest of the cheese and small pieces of butter on top, then cover with the other half of polenta.
- Put some more butter on top of that and bake for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.