In Romanian: Ceafa de porc (garf) la cuptor
- a piece of pork (approx. 4 lbs / 2 kg)
- 3 – 4 juniper berries
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- a few coriander berries
- a little shortening
- Do not wash the meat but dry it with a wet cloth.
- Salt it, rub with minced garlic and the spices.
- Set in a bowl and leave for 3 – 4 hours.
- Then spread some paprika on top of the meat and place in a lard greased pan.
- Place in the oven at high heat for 30 minutes, then reduce the heat to medium.
- Keep in the oven for 1½ hours.
- During roasting, baste with the liquid in the pan.
- Slice, arrange on the serving platter, pour some liquid from the pan (strained) over it and serve with french fries, lettuce or pickled peppers or cucumbers.
- It may be served cold, sliced more thinly.