In Romanian: Rasol cu sos de rosii
- 2 lbs / 1 kg boiled beef
- 2 – 3 onions
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste or 1 lb / 500 g boiled and strained tomatoes
- 1 cup beef broth or milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- a little sugar
- Cut the cold meat in bite sizes, place on a platter and cover with the following sauce: fry the chopped onion in butter until softened.
- Add the flour, mix well and pour the broth or milk on top.
- Add the tomato paste or chunks of peeled and seeded tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Cover the pot and let it boil at slow heat until the liquid is entirely gone.
- Serve with polenta.