In Romanian: Mamaliga fiarta
- Set the water to boil. When the water is boiling, add the salt and a little of the cornmeal. After a few minutes, when the water is boiling, add the rest of the cornmeal.
- Mix it briefly and then let it boil at low temperature for about half an hour. Then, with a wooden spoon start mixing vigorously. If the polenta seems soft, add a little bit more cornmeal.
- Mix continuously. To test if the polenta is done, hold the wooden spoon straight. Rotate it fast between your palms and then try to pull it out.
- If it comes out clean, the polenta is done. If not, let the polenta boil a little longer. Then you wet a wooden spoon in water and gather the polenta to the center.
- Let it boil a few more minutes and then shake the pot a few times and pour the hot polenta on a wooden cutting board (not recommended to pour on a plate).
- Let it set for a few minutes and then cut it with a clean string.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.