In Romanian: Pilaf bulgaresc (cu maruntaie de miel)
- innards and intestines from a medium lamb
- 2 tablespoons lard
- 1½ cup rice
- 2 onions
- 3 cups water
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Wash the intestines, scrape them, turn inside out, wash a few more times, rub with salt and wash again.
- Then cut in small pieces.
- Cut the heart, liver, lungs and kidneys (washed and with fatty insides removed) the same way.
- Set everything to boil with a finely chopped onion, salt, pepper and water.
- When it comes to a boil, remove foam and add the rice which was slightly fried in lard.
- After a few minutes of boiling, put in the oven to bake until the rice is done.