In Romanian: Chec de primavara
- 4 oz / 125 g butter
- 5 eggs
- 8 oz / 250 g sugar
- 8 oz / 250 g flour
- vanilla or lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- butter and flour to grease and dust the pan
- ½ cup cold milk
- ¼ cup rum
- grated peel from 1 lemon
- Cream the butter with the sugar and the 4 yolks added one by one, add 1 whole egg, vanilla and baking powder.
- Add ½ cup cold milk, ¼ cup rum, grated peel from 1 lemon.
- Then add the flour and the whipped egg whites. Divide the mixture into 2 parts.
- Pour the first part (slightly more than half), in a bread pan.
- To the second part, add food coloring (red or green).
- Mix well and pour gently over the middle of the batter already in the pan.
- Bake at medium heat for about a half hour. Test with a wooden pick.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.