In Romanian: Chiftelute de vinete.
- 2 large eggplants
- 2 tablespoons cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- oil for frying
- green lettuce
- tomatoes(optional garnish)
- red onion(optional garnish)
- Bake the eggplants, peel them while hot and let drain.
- Chop with a wooden or glass chopper and put in a bowl, adding salt, cheese, eggs and flour.
- Mix everything well, shape medium sized pancakes and then fry in hot oil on both sides.
- Arrange on a platter, sprinkle some grated cheese on top and garnish with a few lettuce leaves.
- Serve hot or cold.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.