In Romanian: Vinete umplute cu carne
- 6 small eggplants
- 14 oz / 400 g ground sirloin
- 2 onions
- 3 tablespoons lard
- 1 lb / 500 g tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon flour
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon mixed chopped parsley and dill
- Remove the stems of the eggplants.
- Then set to boil for 5 – 6 minutes in salt water.
- Remove and keep in cold water until cooled off.
- Drain well and remove the insides.
- Do not throw away the insides, but keep in the colander.
- To the ground meat add finely chopped raw or fried onion, 2 tablespoons of lard, salt, pepper, chopped parsley and dill and the eggplants' insides.
- Mix well and fill the eggplant shells with this mixture.
- Fry some finely chopped onion with a tablespoon of lard, add flour, let it turn yellow, then pour the boiled and strained tomatoes over it.
- Add salt and sugar.
- Place the eggplants in this sauce, spread some chopped parsley and dill and let simmer, covered, until the liquid is reduced somewhat.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.