In Romanian: Chec englezesc
- 14 oz / 400 g butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ammonia powder
- 7 oz / 200 g chopped walnuts
- 7 oz / 200 g golden raisins
- 4 oz / 100 g ground almonds
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup chopped fruits from preserves
- 14 oz / 400 g confectioner's sugar
- juice from ½ lemon
- shortening and flour for greasing and dusting the pan
- Cream the butter with the sugar, adding the yolks one by one, then the sour cream and ammonia; mix well then add the walnuts, almonds, raisins, fruits, vanilla and lemon juice.
- In the end, add flour and whipped egg whites. Mix gently.
- Pour the batter into the buttered and dusted bread pan.
- Bake for 40 – 45 minutes at medium heat.
- Test with a wooden pick and cut only when cold.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.