- 1 lb / 500 g young okra
- 2 - 3 tablespoons oil
- 5 - 6 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon mixed chopped parsley and dill
- Clean the okra, wash and keep in water with salt and vinegar for 30–40 minutes.
- In the meantime, finely chop the onion and fry in oil until yellow.
- Add the peeled, seeded and chopped tomatoes, then the okra, vinegar, sugar and salt. Mix gently and simmer, covered, at low heat.
- When almost done, add the chopped parsley and dill.
- You may serve this dish warm; however, it is much tastier when cold.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.