In Romanian: Sufleu de parmezan
- 7 oz / 200 g butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 pint / 500 ml milk
- 5 oz/150 g grated Parmesan (or other cheese)
- 5 eggs
- bread crumbs
- Melt the butter in a pan, add flour and let fry until golden.
- Pour the milk and mix well.
- Let the paste obtained this way cool.
- When cold, add the yolks one by one, the Parmesan and then the whipped egg whites.
- Pour into a buttered and bread crumbed mold.
- Bake, and when risen and golden, turn gently onto a plate, serving hot.
- If Parmesan is not available, replace with sheep's cheese.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.