In Romanian: Zacusca pentru iarna I
- 10 young eggplants
- 15 peppers
- 15 bell peppers
- 8 lbs / 4 kg tomatoes
- 2 lbs / 1 kg onions
- 1 pint / 500 ml oil
- Roast the eggplants, peppers, bell peppers, peel and drain.
- Remove the core and all seeds from the peppers and then julienne them.
- Chop the eggplants.
- Saute the chopped onions in the oil until softened.
- Add the chopped eggplants, julienned peppers and bell peppers, as well as the juice from 8 lbs / 4 kg boiled and strained tomatoes.
- salt. Let fry, stirring continuously, until all the liquid is reduced.
- Fill the jars ¾ full, tie with a double layer of cellophane and boil in the double boiler for 25 minutes timed from when the water first starts to bubble.
- Let the jars cool off in the water where they boiled, then keep in a cool and dry place.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.