In Romanian: Placinta cu poale-n briu
- 2 lbs / 1 kg flour
- 1 oz / 30 g yeast
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon lard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- cottage cheese (to taste)
- egg for washing the dough
- flour for the pan
- In a larger bowl, mix the yeast with the sugar until liquefied.
- Add 2 tablespoons of tepid milk, a little flour and mix well.
- Cover and let sit in a warm place.
- When it has risen a little, add the eggs beaten with the milk, oil and lard, all of them warmish.
- Add salt and knead with flour until the dough comes off your hands and bowl easily.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place.
- When the dough has risen, roll into a ½ inch sheet.
- Cut into medium sized squares and arrange the filling, prepared like in Cottage Cheese Pie in the middle.
- Bring the corners over the cheese envelope style.
- Stick well so that the filling may not come out.
- Sprinkle flour on the baking sheet and arrange the envelopes 1 - 2 inches apart.
- Let rise on the baking sheet for 15 – 20 minutes, wash with egg and bake.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.