In Romanian: Iahnie de cartofi.
- 2 lbs / 1 kg potatoes
- 2 onions
- 5 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 bay leaf
- Peel the potatoes, wash and cut in medium sized pieces.
- Lightly fry in a pan with hot oil, adding the finely chopped onions.
- When the onions starts to turn yellow, sprinkle the flour, mix with the potatoes, adding tomato sauce, paprika, salt and bay leaf.
- Pour water to cover and simmer until done.
- There should be very little liquid left.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.