Description[edit | edit source]
In Romanian: Mamaliga pripita
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Set the pot with water to boil.
- When the water is hot, add salt.
- Sprinkle a little of the cornmeal.
- When it starts boiling, place a wooden spoon in the pot and start to gradually add the cornmeal (rain-like).
- Keep mixing with the wooden spoon.
- When the polenta seems sufficiently dense, stop adding cornmeal.
- Keep mixing, pressing the polenta towards the edges of the pot.
- When the polenta is cooked through, take the wooden spoon out and clean it with another wet spoon.
- Start gathering the polenta towards the center of the pot and let it boil for a few more minutes.
- After it has made a few more steamy bubbles, grab the pot with oven mitts, shake it a few times and pour the polenta on a wooden cutting board.
- The quick polenta is softer than boiled polenta and is served with fried eggs, cheese and sour cream, etc.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.