In Romanian:Bors cu perisoare de peste
- 2 qts / 2 l water
- 0.5 qt / 0,5 l borş or sauerkraut juice
- 1 lb / 500 g carp or pike
- 1 carrot
- 1 parsley root
- 2 onions
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon oil
- crustless slice of white bread
- 1 tablespoon chopped mixed parsley and dill
- Set to boil thinly sliced onion, carrot and parsley root, together with the head and tail from the fish.
- Skin the rest of the fish, de-bone and grind together with an onion slightly fried in oil and the slice of bread that was moistened in milk or water and then squeezed.
- Mix with an egg, some chopped greens, salt and pepper and make fish balls.
- After the head and tail and the vegetables are done, strain the liquid and remove the vegetables.
- Also remove the meat off the head and tail, sieve and add to the liquid.
- Set to boil, adding the fish balls made from the ground mixture, borş or sauerkraut juice.
- When it is almost done, add the chopped greens.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.