In Romanian: Tort special cu cacao
- 8 yolks
- 8 oz / 250 g confectioner's sugar
- 8 oz / 250 g butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup water
- Caramelize 8 oz / 250 g sugar.
- When it starts to turn yellow, add the walnuts, letting them roast a little.
- Remove from heat and spread on a cutting board, previously oiled.
- When cold, finely crush with a mortar and pestle.
- Whip the egg whites and mix with the roasted and crushed walnuts.
- Divide this mixture into 3 equal parts and bake, individually, in baking pans greased with oil and covered with parchment paper.
- Bake at medium heat until golden.
- Spread cream on the cooled sheets that were previously sprinkled with rum.
- Spread cream on the last layer as well.
- Then cover the whole cake with whipped cream.
- To get the cream, beat the yolks with the confectioner's sugar until creamy.
- Mix with the butter, previously creamed separately, then add the following, also previously prepared separately.
- 2 tablespoons cocoa with 2 tablespoons sugar and ½ cup water are boiled until thickened.
- Mix everything very well.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.