In Romanian: Supa de rosii II
- 1.5 qts / 1,5 l water
- 2 lbs / 2 kg tomatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 parsley root
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 green peppers
- 1 tablespoon rice
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chopped dill
- Wash the tomatoes and set to boil with 1 pint / 500 ml water.
- When the tomatoes have softened, strain.
- Grate the carrot, parsley root and onion and set to boil with 1 qt / 1 l water, until all vegetables are tender.
- Mix the tomato liquid with the vegetable liquid, add salt, sugar, rice and sliced peppers, as well as a mixture obtained by frying the flour with butter and adding some soup.
- Let boil until the rice is done, then add the chopped dill.
- Before serving, beat some sour cream in.
- Serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.