In Romanian: Fasole boabe batuta.
- 1 lb / 500 g dried beans
- 3 qts / 3 l water
- 3 large onions
- 3 – 4 tablespoons oil
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- minced garlic (optional)
- Pick, wash and pre-soak the beans the night before. The next day, set to boil, let bubble for a minute, then drain the water.
- Replace the water with some warm water. Let it come to a boil again and then again, drain the water. Repeat this procedure of changing the water three times.
- Let the beans boil in the third water until done. Drain and sieve. Fry the finely chopped onion until golden and add the paprika.
- Place the sieved beans in a bowl and pour all the shortening remaining from frying the onion over them. Then beat with a spoon until creamy. If the cream seems too thick, it may be thinned with a little liquid from the boiling of beans.
- Add salt and minced garlic. Place the whipped beans on plates. Sprinkle fried onions on top and garnish all around the plate with pickled peppers, cucumbers or other pickles.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.